What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites, and have several different functions. At a basic level cookies will:
- Allow the site to work properly, and help keep it secure.
- Help us understand how people use the website.
- Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you've entered,
- Improve your experience by showing you information that's relevant to you.
The types of cookie
The cookies used on conformetrix.com are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
- Analytical/Performance cookies. They allow us to collect information about how you use our website, such as, how you move around our website and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you; all of the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the way our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and improve your visit.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are linked to services provided by third parties, such as "Like" and "Share" buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
The cookies we use?
You can find up to date information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
Generally, cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of the website will expire when you leave the website. Other cookies may be more permanent or not expire unless you actively delete them.
|-||Heart of Hadrian's Wall||Session||x|
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
We recommend that you don't change your cookie settings, as we can't guarantee the performance of the site if you block some or all cookies.
All browsers provide tools that allow you to control how you handle cookies: accept, reject or delete them. These settings are normally accessed via the 'preferences' or 'options' menu of the browser you are using.
If you are unsure as to how to manage your cookies or require more information, we have provided the following links to the settings pages for the most commonly used web browsers:
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section: