As well as being a hugely popular wedding venue and the campus of Northumberland College, at Kirkley Hall is also a fantastic family day out.
The zoo is home to a huge range of animals:
- Mammals, including Bush dogs, and Geoldi's monkeys
- Birds, including Tawny Frogmouths, and White-cheeked Turaco
- Reptiles, including Rhinocerous Rate snakes, and the critically endangered Electric blue gecko
- Amphibian, including False tomato frogs, and Trinidad stream frogs
- Fish, including freshwater, marine, and brackish aquatics
- Invertebrates, including Fruit-Sun beetles, and Greenbottle blue tarantulas
You can also:
- Spend time on the Woodland walk, where you might just find giant musical instruments
- Scale the rock climbing tower or fly through the air on our 120m zip wire at the activity centre
- Explore the Cherry Tree Glade and Walled Gardens
- Play in one of the two play parks (one indoor and one outdoor)
- Have an animal encounter or experience
- Have a zookeeper experience
- Have your birthday party there.